Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My What a Busy Week It's Been-And it's Only Wednesday!

The past two weeks have been extremely busy for our hard working Disaster Action Team (DAT) members. They have been responding to house fires pretty much daily since last week.

Some of you may remember my previous blog post documenting my very first fire response. It was an interesting and emotional experience that I would recommend to anyone.

When I first started my AmeriCorps term 6 months ago (wow, time sure does fly!) I had no idea the scope of the American Red Cross. We provide food, clothing, and shelter to anyone who has been displaced by an emergency or natural disaster. We can provide medical attention, both physical and mental including prescription refills that may have been lost.  We are able to ensure that those affected by a fire, flood, or other disaster can survive at least three days with our assistance.

It is amazing how much the American Red Cross is able to provide. However, this assistance is only possible with the generous donations from our community. If you or someone you know is interested in making a donation to the Red Cross, follow the link and you too can make a difference in the lives of others. Who knows when you might end up needing Red Cross help yourself.

No comments: