Thursday, December 9, 2010

Is your company looking for a way to give back?!

Trina Polta is a guest blogger for the American Red Cross in Utah. Here is her story of giving back.

I used to work for a Fortune 500 company. This was my first large corporate experience which in the end reminded of many things I had forgotten, including the importance of giving back to my community. The company was and is well versed in connecting their employees to volunteer opportunities. Working for a company that valued community service helped me realize, I can make a difference. Yes, little old me, who is not wealthy. We all bring something to the table, and during my two plus years working there, I started donating can foods. My helping hand quickly evolved to organizing site events like blood drives and giving trees.

Maybe, you have never thought of approaching your company to see if they have some corporate dollars set aside for each business quarter or business year?

Asking could make the difference in many ways:

Help Others: You help those in need by helping your company donate

Help Expand Your Work Goals: You could fulfill a work goal by getting your company involved in community service

Help Your Team Morale: You could organize a team builder exercise and volunteer your lunch hour once a month to help your local American Red Cross Chapter

Help Expand Your Knowledge: You could organize a team builder exercise to become CPR certified

Help Create A Sense Of Community: You could partner with surrounding businesses and start a blood drive in your business park

Learn how you and your company can partner with the American Red Cross by calling (801) 323-7015 or emailing jballard@utahredcross.org

No comments: