Thursday, April 29, 2010
Disaster Preparedness for your Pet
Have you ever thought about what you will do with your pets when a disaster or emergency happens? Does your family emergency plan include your pets? Does your 72-hour kit include pet supplies?
The American Red Cross Pet First Aid Checklist can help you care for your pets during an emergency and plan ahead for your pet’s safety.
Items to include in a Pet Disaster Supplies Kit:
• Your pets’ medications and medical records
• Sturdy leashes, harness, and/or carriers for transport
• Current photos of your pets in case they get lost
• Food, potable water, bowls, etc
• Information on feeding schedules, medical conditions, behaviors problems, and the name and number of your veterinarian in case you have to foster or board your pets
• Pet bed or toys if easily transportable
For more information check out our website www.utahredcross.org