Monday, March 15, 2010
National Headquarters just released a Two-Month Haiti Update.
Here are some quick facts at a glance:
In the two months since the earthquake, the global Red Cross
• Provided relief items for 400,000 people.
• Handed out nearly 99,000 tarps, tents and toolkits.
• Supplied meals for more than 1 million people.
• Distributed 40 million liters of clean drinking water.
• Built more than 1,100 latrines.
• Helped vaccinate more than 125,000 people.
• Coordinated the shipment of more than 1,800 units of blood to
• Treated more than 55,000 people at Red Cross hospitals or
• Sent more than 23 million text messages with critical health
advice to survivors.
• Received more than 28,400 registrations on its family linking
• Assisted more than 25,000 people who arrived in the U.S.
following the earthquake.
• Deployed more than 600 responders to Haiti.
Check out www.redcross.org to download the report.