Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Single Mom and 10 Children Helped By Utah Red Cross
The Greater Salt Lake Area Chapter helped a single mom cope after a fire burned their home this weekend in Salt Lake. She has 10 kids, 6 of them live at home. The disaster volunteers helped the family with lodging, food and clothing. The mom told us today, "God Bless the Red Cross," she said her heart dropped when she arrived to find her home on fire. "The help the Red Cross gave us uplifted me. I had nothing. I was crying. I was in shock. After I was able to get some clothes for my kids I felt so much better. Some of my kids didn't even have shoes after the fire."